WORKING @ THE SDCC
The Selangor Digital Creative Centre (SDCC) is a thrust under the Selangor Information Technology & E-Commerce Council (SITEC). Learn more about us HERE.
The SDCC is home to various startups here permanently and who are here on a co-working basis. We occasionally post out vacancies for positions within these startups as the need arises.
SITEC regularly hosts various programmes often for free, for the benefit of the local commerce community in Selangor. Learn more about us by visiting our Website and Facebook and reading more about our activities.
For more information or to connect with us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application can only be done by email. Scroll down this page to find the various positions available – their status will be shown (Open/Closed)
Under every posted vacancy, email the following to the contact person listed:
- Cover Letter/Introduction
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Link to Online Viewable Portfolio (if any ) – usually for creative positions
More information about interviews will be communicated thereafter.
Accelerator Programme Manager (1) & Assistant Managers (2)
Don’t Dream about Startups – Build Them Today!
We’re Hiring: 1 Accelerator Manager & 2 Assistant Managers
“We used to dream about this stuff. Now we get to build it. It’s pretty great.”
If you are passionate about helping startups and building a thriving startup ecosystem, then join us as an Accelerator Programme Manager or Assistant Manager at SITEC!
In this full-time role, you will be crucial to the facilitation, support and expansion of the local startup ecosystem through SITEC’s Selangor Accelerator Programme, and other instruments under the umbrella of SITEC.
Working closely with startups, you will also build and maintain relationships with local and international stakeholders such as C-Level executives, techies, investors, VCs, SMEs, incubators, co-working spaces, mentors and governments.
Ideally, you will be skilled in people management, events management, as well as digital technologies to optimize marketing investments, accelerating tech-startups and increasing community engagement.
As an all-rounder, you will find this role to be challenging and exciting, and your strategic thinking and innovation will direct your expert decision making skills.
Working alongside other SITEC managers, you will also:
- Identify, outline, formulate and implement strategic approaches to acquire major partners.
- Engage in the tech-industry via effective networking to gather updated information on technology and market trends
- Plan and conduct all tech-startup events/programmes including the signature Selangor Accelerator Programme, educational workshops, forums, talks, mentoring sessions, business networking and pitching sessions
- Develop and present consultative proposals that convey business needs and client benefits
- Develop marketing plans and implement them for public awareness about startup events/ programmes.
- Be participative and a team player in all aspects of work, projects and assignments
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree with minimum working experience of five (5) years for manager and two (2) for assistant manager
- Required skills: market survey experience, creative thinking, fluent in English, Ms. Office
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, sharp and perform good negotiation techniques
- Full time position (5 days work/ week); able to work on weekend/ night event as and when required
- Possess own transport
- Able to start work by 1st January 2019
- Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in the tech- startup or funding scene
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset
- Possess a wide network of SMEs
- Are conversant in Mandarin/Chinese
Send the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- 1 Passport sized photo
- Resume or CV
ABOUT THE SELANGOR ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME
The successful Selangor Accelerator Programme (SAP) debuted early 2018, where its startups have gone on to pitch to international VCs, investors and more, as well as participate in the 2018 Selangor International Pitch against 28 other international startups.
The SAP is a free, 4-month free accelerator programme that aims to educate and hone the skills of its early-stage startups so that they are pitching and investor ready by the end of the programme. Packed full of exciting and challenging activities, workshops and field trips, the top 10 from the 2018 batch were flown off to China’s for a field trip and pitching opportunities to leading Tsinghua University, TusPark, Alibaba HQ, and more. The China pitching events were livestreamed and recorded a whopping 1 million concurrent views.
Today, SITEC has been granted the Digital Hub status by MDEC, and will be expanding its popular accelerator programme for 2019 as well.
The Selangor Information Technology & E-Commerce Council (SITEC) is an initiative under the State Government of Selangor with an aim of developing Selangor as the regional trading hub for e-Commerce and to uplift the startup ecosystem within the state. SITEC’s focus on e-commerce has had its programmes generate about RM 93 Million GMV and touch base with 2000 industry player including startups, e-commerce merchants as well as smart city stakeholders.
At SITEC, you will contribute directly to the fast-growing startup, e-commerce & Smart City ecosystems. You will have access to a multitude of top level executives, mentors, and leaders in the business community.Working at SITEC offers exciting opportunities to manage multiple responsibilities, and ownership of your projects. Challenging and fast-paced, you can hone your creativity, innovation and problem solving skills as you work on contributing to the bigger picture.