– Curate the latest news, information and content related to startups, tech, e-commerce and smart city for various digital platforms
– Regularly update contents on all related digital assets, taking full ownership of them
– Assist in events/conference production viz content/topic curation
– Collate, generate and produce required monthly, annual or other related reports
– Conceptualise, pitch and write story angles and ideas
– Edit, proofread and contribute content such as but not limited to: speeches, forewords, official statements, press statements, notices, articles, advertorials, adverts
– Copywrite, cover and promote events, classes, launches, or new products
– Ensure sound editorial policies and processes, while adhering to house style
– Respond to customer enquiries about events, programmes, initiatives, etc.
– Plan and execute all marketing campaigns on web, email, social media and print
– Plan and execute paid digital advertising (FB ads)
– Be responsible to maintain the organisation’s brand and voice, and ensure these are standardised across all front-facing digital/print assets and collaterals
– Plan, budget and coordinate media ad buys
– Source, manage and execute strategic media/industry partnerships
– Plan and coordinate media interviews, press conferences, or other publicity events
– Write press releases and follow up with media for coverage
– Prepare media kits and be point of liaison for the media/press
– Engage in media monitoring or outsourcing for media monitoring
– Track and produce digital analytics or web analytics reports
– Engage in research or surveys as an when necessary
Ideally, you should:
– Be tertiary-educated
– Have at least 3 years of media/PR/digital marketing experience
– Possess exceptional writing, reading and speaking proficiency in English (proficiency in malay and/or Mandarin are advantageous)
– Be initiative-taking and a team player – this position requires you to work very closely with all departments
– Be adaptable, articulate and assertive (ability to alliterate an advantage)
– Possess excellent communication skills and professionalism
– Know your way around website building and creation
– Be proficient in Google Suite, MS Office Suite, Facebook Ads, WordPress CMS (proficiency in Divi builder an advantage), SendInBlue and other digital efficiency tools
– Possess some knowledge of Google Analytics, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign or at least Canva
– Be able to point out the two mistakes in this ad
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
Accelerator Programme Executive
Don’t Dream about Startups – Build Them Today!
“We used to dream about this stuff. Now we get to build it. It’s pretty great.”
If you are passionate about helping startups and building a thriving startup ecosystem, then join us as an Accelerator Programme Manager or Assistant Manager at SITEC! In this full-time role, you will be crucial to the facilitation, support and expansion of the local startup ecosystem through SITEC’s Selangor Accelerator Programme, and other instruments under the umbrella of SITEC. Working closely with startups, you will also build and maintain relationships with local and international stakeholders such as C-Level executives, techies, investors, VCs, SMEs, incubators, co-working spaces, mentors and governments.
Ideally, you will be skilled in people management, events management, as well as digital technologies to optimize marketing investments, accelerating tech-startups and increasing community engagement. As an all-rounder, you will find this role to be challenging and exciting, and your strategic thinking and innovation will direct your expert decision-making skills.
Reporting to the Startup/Accelerator Manager and other SITEC managers, you will also assist with:
- Identify, outline, formulate and implement strategic approaches to acquire major partners.
- Engage in the tech-industry via effective networking to gather updated information on technology and market trends
- Plan and conduct all tech-startup events/programmes including the signature Selangor Accelerator Programme, educational workshops, forums, talks, mentoring sessions, business networking and pitching sessions
- Develop and present consultative proposals that convey business needs and client benefits
- Develop marketing plans and implement them for public awareness about startup events/ programmes.
- Be participative and a team player in all aspects of work, projects and assignments
- Tertiary educated
- With at least 2 years experience in event coordination, operations or other related fields
- Required skills: market survey experience, creative thinking, MS Office
- Able to communicate in English plus Mandarin and/or Malay
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, sharp and perform good negotiation techniques
- Full-time position (5 days work/ week); able to work on weekend/ night event as and when required
- Possess own transport
- Able to start work immidietlyTO APPLY
Send the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
ABOUT THE SELANGOR ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME
The successful Selangor Accelerator Programme (SAP) debuted early 2018, where its startups have gone on to pitch to international VCs, investors and more, as well as participate in the 2018 Selangor International Pitch against 28 other international startups.
The SAP is a free, 4-month free accelerator programme that aims to educate and hone the skills of its early-stage startups so that they are pitching and investor ready by the end of the programme. Packed full of exciting and challenging activities, workshops and field trips, the top 10 from the 2018 batch were flown off to China’s for a field trip and pitching opportunities to leading Tsinghua University, TusPark, Alibaba HQ, and more. The China pitching events were livestreamed and recorded a whopping 1 million concurrent views.
Today, SITEC has been granted the Digital Hub status by MDEC, and will be expanding its popular accelerator programme for 2019 as well.
WORKING @ THE SDCC
The Selangor Digital Creative Centre (SDCC) is a thrust under the Selangor Information Technology & E-Commerce Council (SITEC). Learn more about us HERE.
The SDCC is home to various startups here permanently and who are here on a co-working basis. We occasionally post out vacancies for positions within these startups as the need arises.
SITEC regularly hosts various programmes often for free, for the benefit of the local commerce community in Selangor. Learn more about us by visiting our Website and Facebook and reading more about our activities.
For more information or to connect with us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application can only be done by email. Scroll down this page to find the various positions available – their status will be shown (Open/Closed)
Under every posted vacancy, email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter/Introduction
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Link to Online Viewable Portfolio (if any ) – usually for creative positions
More information about interviews will be communicated thereafter.